Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

About One Per Twelve

What Does the title "One Per Twelve" stand for?
One Per Twelve is a very simple and not overly creative name.  The objective of this site / 2012, is for myself to compete in One Charity Race / Event in each of the twelve months of the year.  The plan is to compete in 12 different types of Charity Races in which I will link a different Charity for donations to.  I currently am focusing on charities that I have a link to.  For instance, my Aunt Lee past away from Breast Cancer in the 1980s.  I plan on participating in Susan G Koman 3 Day Walk to donate to the charity in honor of her.

Objective
The main objective of this site is to generate a minimum of 1,000$ per cause. 

About Me
I am currently a 28 year old IT Architect working at GE Capital in Danbury, Ct.  I am originally from Shelton, CT and have since migrated a lengthy distance south... all the way to Norwalk, CT.  In 2005 I graduated with an Electrical and Computer Engineering Degree at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. In 2009 I graduated from New York University with an MBA. 

As for my physical aptitude, I would consider myself to be in good shape, however I've done absolutely none of these events before. Thus in order to do some of the events / races I plan to for this cause, I will need to undergo a massive rehall to my current work out scheme. 

Why One Per Twelve?
I've talked about wanting to run a Marathon in my lifetime multiple times and never have done anything to move towards that objective.  Then one day I watched an episode of Bert the Conquerer in which he competed in Tough Mudder. I had heard of it before through my girlfriend, but seeing it made me truly think it was cool, and that I wanted to participate in it.  In addition as an avid Sports blog reader / former blog writer, I have seen what Matt Ufford of KSK has raised in the past for the Fight Gone Bad, and have always been interested in doing that event.  Throw in a few more desires and here we are, the idea of doing 12 different events in a calendar year. In addition, I will turn 30 in January of 2013 and thought if not now, when? 

How Can I Donate?
Currently you can't.  Eventually the side bar will provide donation information in addition to a page dedicated to providing donation links.  But I need to figure out what I'm doing and when. 

No comments:

Post a Comment