Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Possible Events: Cross Country Skiing

Why Cross Country Skiing?
Similar to snowshoeing, when you're looking for 12 different type of races you need to think about things that you can do in the New England winter. Obviously Cross Country Skiing is the major Olympic cardio event.

About Snowshoeing
Nordic, or Cross Country, Skiing has been a part of the Winter Olympics forever. If you have no idea what it is, then you probably don't know much about skiing.

Linked Charities
TBD...

Training Needs
Unlike Snowshoeing which seems mostly like running / hiking with weird shoes on, Cross Country skiing is different and I would need to practice, practice, practice. When and where, I have no idea. I've been skiing exactly once since I was 12 and that was last year. I found that I was astronomically better at Alpine skiing than Nordic skiing. If I attempted to do a 5 or 10K without practicing, I would fail miserably.

Possible Snowshoeing Races for Me to Participate In
TBD.. I started reaching out to a few different organizations and will have to keep a look out at the schedule to find something in January or February.

No comments:

Post a Comment